Matric ASCII Keyboards
Tough flexible-membrane key switches have finger-positioning overlays to
provide the operator with a positive feel and respond to light finger touch.
Key switch life is rated at greater than ten million operations. The keypad
surfaces are virtually impervious to liquids, dust and other contaminants
for reliable performance under tough conditions.
A built-in tone generator provides audio feedback with adjustable volume
control. The user can select either full 128 character ASCII alphanumeric or
102 character alphabetic upper case only. Also featured are N-key rollover
circuitry and an LED Indicator.
Matric ASCII encoded keyboards provide both serial data and parallel data
outputs in a single unit. The KB600 Series noise immunity circuitry and
metal enclosure is well suited to applications which require dependable
service in high EMI environments.
These professional quality units are designed and constructed for reliable
performance -- even in hostile environments.
[click for larger image]
- Parallel and serial data outputs in
- Full 128 character ASCII encoded
- Single 5 volt supply required for normal
- Three serial output modes:
- EIA RS232C compatible
- 20mA current loop
- TTL level
- Positive feel finger positioning.
- Sealed keypad surface virtually
impervious to dust and moisture
- Auto Repeat: An alphanumeric key held
for approx. 1 sec. will auto repeat at the rate of 10 cps.
- Rollover: N-key rollover.
- Optional 16-key numeric keypad (KB675A).
- 128 character ASCII alphanumeric
- 102 character alphabetical
upper-case-only selected using logic level input
- KB670A 58-key typewriter
- Two user definable keyboard
- KB675A Same as KB670A plus a
16-key, calculator format numeric keypad.
- 1 kHz tone during keypress.
- Short duration chirp tone to
verify SHIFT or CONTROL keypress.
- Adjustable volume.
- +5 VDC +/- 5% keyboard power
- +5 VDC @ 105 mA for
parallel, TTL serial and 20 mA current loop
- Additional +/- 9 VDC to +/-
15 VDC @ 5 mA for RS232C output
Note: +5 VDC current
requirement can be reduced up to 50 mA for KB670AA and KB675AA by adjusting
the speaker volume to minimum output level.
- 7 bit ASCII; even, odd, or
- Strobe and keydown
handshaking. Will drive 10 TTL loads
- 7 or 8 bits
- Even, odd, or no parity
- 1 or 2 stop bits
- 110, 300, 600, 1200, 2400,
4800, 9600, or 19.2K baud data rates
- TTL (ten load drive)
- 20 mA current loop (110,
300, and 1200 baud)
- RS232C levels
- 20 pin right angle, PC board
- Mates with 3M 3421-6020
ribbon cable connector or equivalent.
- KB670A - 13.1x7x2 inches
3 lbs. (1.4 kg)
- KB675A - 16.5x7x2 inches
3.5 lbs. (1.6 kg)
- 0° to +50° C, operating
- -40° to +85° C, storage
is ISO 9001,
& AS 9100 certified!
Matric is ITAR registered.
Matric is RoHS certified!
Please visit the other Matric Group Companies: