Tough flexible-membrane key switches have finger-positioning overlays to provide the operator with a positive feel and respond to light finger touch. Key switch life is rated at greater than ten million operations. The keypad surfaces are virtually impervious to liquids, dust and other contaminants for reliable performance under tough conditions.
A built-in tone generator provides audio feedback with adjustable volume control. The user can select either full 128 character ASCII alphanumeric or 102 character alphabetic upper case only. Also featured are N-key rollover circuitry and an LED Indicator.
Matric ASCII encoded keyboards provide both serial data and parallel data outputs in a single unit. The KB600 Series noise immunity circuitry and metal enclosure is well suited to applications which require dependable service in high EMI environments.
These professional quality units are designed and constructed for reliable performance — even in hostile environments.
- Parallel and serial data outputs in every unit.
- Full 128 character ASCII encoded character set.
- Single 5 volt supply required for normal operation.
- Three serial output modes:
- EIA RS232C compatible
- 20mA current loop
- TTL level
- Positive feel finger positioning.
- Sealed keypad surface virtually impervious to dust and moisture
- Auto Repeat: An alphanumeric key held for approx. 1 sec. will auto repeat at the rate of 10 cps.
- Rollover: N-key rollover.
- 128 character ASCII alphanumeric
- 102 character alphabetical upper-case-only selected using logic level input
- KB670A 58-key typewriter format.
- Two user definable keyboard switch closures.
- 1 kHz tone during keypress.
- Short duration chirp tone to verify SHIFT or CONTROL keypress.
- Adjustable volume.
- +5 VDC +/- 5% keyboard power supply
- +5 VDC @ 105 mA for parallel, TTL serial and 20 mA current loop
- Additional +/- 9 VDC to +/- 15 VDC @ 5 mA for RS232C output
- Note: +5 VDC current requirement can be reduced up to 50 mA by adjusting the speaker volume to minimum output level.
- Green, Power on, or can be used as a host controlled prompt
- 7 bit ASCII; even, odd, or no parity.
- Strobe and keydown handshaking. Will drive 10 TTL loads
- 7 or 8 bits
- Even, odd, or no parity
- 1 or 2 stop bits
- 110, 300, 600, 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, or 19.2K baud data rates
- TTL (ten load drive)
- 20 mA current loop (110, 300, and 1200 baud)
- RS232C levels
- Two SPST switch closures, 30 V, 0.1 Amp, 1 Watt max.
- 20 pin right angle, PC board header connector.
- Mates with 3M 3421-6020 ribbon cable connector or equivalent.
- 25 pin subminiature D connector .
- KB670A – 13.1x7x2 inches (333x178x51 mm), 3 lbs. (1.4 kg)
- 0° to +50° C, operating temperature
- -40° to +85° C, storage temperatures
- Weight 3 lbs