Contract Electronics Manufacturing — PCB Design, Assembly, Testing, & More
Matric specializes in electronic contract manufacturing, PCB design, & aftermarket services for the global market.
If you’ve got a low-to-medium-volume, high-mix complex PCB assemblies that other companies can’t handle, come to Matric. Your bottom line will benefit from our fully automatic SMT lines and semi-automatic through-hole equipment, combined with our experienced hand assembly team.
Matric is a three-time winner of the Komatsu Premier Supplier Award for quality and on-time delivery. Our dedicated safety program has helped us win the Pennsylvania Governor’s Award for Safety Excellence in 2014 and 2018.
That commitment to reliability extends long before and after product delivery, thanks to a full-service, one-stop experience. Our skilled team will service your product for its entire lifetime, including:
- PCB design assistance
- Prototyping and testing
- Redesigns to meet new regulations & standards, plus general upgrades
- Obsolescence management
The Matric contract design team combines technical and creative disciplines to convert concepts into effective, reliable finished products. We do this for:
- Medical devices
- Mining equipment
- Industrial applications
- Scientific applications
- Oil & gas
- + Much more
Ready to talk about how Matric can help you?
- Surface mount technology PCB assembly (SMT): Matric has been using SMT since the early 1990s. To improve the speed, accuracy and reliability of your products, we’ve continued to invest in state-of-the-art technology.
- Through-hole PCB assembly: Not every project should be converted to SMT. We have full through-hole assembly capabilities in-house.
- PCB prototyping: As part of our goal to be your one-stop shop, Matric provides prototyping. We’ll make sure your design is manufacturable and won’t be recalled after it goes to market.
- PCB testing: Matric provides full functional testing upon customer request. Our team of technicians will work closely with you to transfer knowledge and custom equipment to Matric’s facility.
- Obsolescence Management: All OEMs should use proactive obsolescence management to mitigate supply chain risks and costs of diminishing components. We’ll manage your inventory, forecasting, & engineering. Click here for more.
- Electromechanical assemblies: You’ll have a dedicated final assembly team that can handle the most complex mechanical assemblies and subassemblies.
- Cable assemblies: With an ISO-certified quality management system, Matric will engineer, test, and manufacture cable assemblies. These have ranged from micro push-pull connectors to large Harting® assemblies.
Matric can provide aftermarket services for products manufactured elsewhere and for legacy products that require sustaining engineering. We believe any product you bring for aftermarket services should come back good as new.
- Electronics repair: We can repair or replace any parts. Don’t worry about having specialized needs — we’ll work around them.
- Calibration: We will work to ensure your products stay within regulatory requirements and minimize downtime of your end customers.
- Refurbishing: If you need to improve quality, reduce costs, or cut turnaround time, bring your finished product here.
- Troubleshooting: Allow us to function as your authorized service center, including for specialized consumer products. Matric can accommodate your unique troubleshooting requirements.
- Cable evaluations: We repair and replace a wide variety of cables up to 150’ long, from coax to heavy-duty to multi-wire to ruggedized cables. Matric uses ATE for cable validation, which offers more testing than conventional methods can do, in a fraction of the time.
Share your product concept or application issues with us, and our experienced engineers will become an extension of your company.
- Printed circuit board (PCB) design: Low-to-mid-volume, high-mix orders are our sweet spot. Matric’s designers are IPC-certified and handle challenging applications in RF, high-power, high-vibration, and high-speed circuitry situations.
- Intrinsically safe design: Matric follows all relevant safety standards and regulations, including ATEX. We specialize in the projects many other “board houses” can’t do, including Class 2 and 3 electronics.
- Wireless electronics solutions: Our line of wireless industrial control products includes the MCT. This modular device offers multiple configurable technologies.
- Software design: Applications that involve data integrity, deterministic machine control, multitasking, distributed control and communication, and proportional integral differential (PID) control are common ground for Matric engineers.
- 3D modeling: We will help bring your prototype to life and ensure it is designed for manufacturability.
PCB Testing Includes:
Anything less than a properly assembled, fully functional board can compromise your supply chain.
Failure to test or prototype can:
- Hamper lead times
- Cost extra money to fix issues
- Harm the reputation of your product and company
Upon customer request, Matric can perform a wide variety of PCB testing. We’ll get you connected with the most cost-effective and relevant testing possible for your project. Our PCB test services include:
- Visual inspection
- X-ray inspection
- Flying prober equipment
- Automatic optical inspection equipment
- BGA (ball grid array) inspection equipment
- Functional testing
- System simulation
- Microsection analysis
Matric is committed to providing safe, effective products and services to the electronic control and computer industries that meet all known customer performance and reliability requirements. The Matric quality management system is dedicated to using defined techniques and behaviors to continually reduce variation in process and products – satisfying requirements of both internal and external customers. Matric is committed to complying with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality management system. Read More